Thursday, May 24, 2012

Renaissance Festival: Costume Inspired by King Arthur Movie

It's Ren-fest time here in Southern California. I wanted to share my latest costume. 



Here's me with a Johnny Depp impersonator. 





Here I am at the German Soldier camp. 


Aaaaand here's me at the end of the day: drunk and satisfied. 





How I did it: 






Above is my original design, based the top off of Kiera Knightly's character in the movie King Arthur. 




Now enjoy some incredibly nerdy and hilarious pictures from a year ago:
(when I first started work on this piece)





For the top, I went to goodwill and bought a bunch of old woven leather belts and hot-glued them together, weaving in some extra leather scraps. It ties together in the back very simply. The bottom portion of the costume is a bunch of skirts chopped up and sewed back together, with touches of old scarves, burlap, and leather scraps. 

I bought my celtic torque necklace online (like what Kiera is wearing above) and put a scarf in my hair. 


And that's it! Easy, breezy, beautiful cover-girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment